Welcome to the Parenting Wiki
a resource for any topic or issue related to parenting. Anyone can edit! Join us and share your knowledge and advice with other parents.
- Write your birth story, and let other people know what it was like. Being able to read these will give mums and dads to be a better idea of what to expect.
- Add a nursery rhyme.
- Add a game.
- Help clean up the Wanted Pages - a list of yet-to-be-created articles which are referenced in existing articles. Just click on a link to create the page.
- Help edit the Stubs - a list of pages that need to be expanded. Click on a page to view it, then click the Edit link to start editing.
- Help us add Special:Categories.
To create a new article, just type its title in the box below and click Create. Please make sure you have read the Article Guidelines.
Breast milk refers to the milk produced by a mother to feed her baby.
It provides the primary source of nutrition for newborns before they are able to eat and digest other foods; older infants and toddlers may continue to be breastfed. The baby nursing from its own mother is the usual way of obtaining breastmilk, but the milk can be pumped and then fed by baby bottle, cup and/or spoon, supplementation drip system, and nasogastric tube. Breastmilk can be supplied by a woman other than the baby's mother; either via donated pumped milk (for example from a milk bank), or when a woman nurses a child other than her own at her breast - this is known as wetnursing. Read More...
Parenting Don't: Don't put your baby in the washing machine.
- If you're thinking about baby names, visit the new Baby Names Wiki.
- Find out about the best toys for your child at our Toys Wiki!
- Teach your baby to sign at the Baby Sign Wiki.
- Information about books for (and about) children and youth are on the Literature and Children's Books wikis.
- There are also wikia about breastfeeding, homeschooling and homes.